The LSAT Goes Digital

YPC News

The LSAT Goes Digital

관리자 0

The administrators of the Law School Admission Test has decided to change the LSAT completely to digital starting from September 21st. 

The test is the same as paper books, but instead is being changed into digital test-taking. On the day of the test, students will receive an admission ticket after they register. With this admission ticket students are given a Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet and a stylus to take the LSAT. 

Kaplan students who took the LSAT in July got to test out the digital format. Students had essentially the same amount of votes on whether the digital test was easier, harder, or around the same as their prediction. All in all, the majority of the votes claimed the test was easier, according to State News. 

Even with good reviews, negative reviews were also given by students. The common challenge with the digital program was the stylus. One student said, “I kept underlining or highlighting things that I didn’t mean to, or undoing my earlier annotations when I accidentally highlighted more than I needed to.” With many students preparing for the LSAT, and with sudden change. Kaplan released a free downloadable e-book, which explains every aspect of the digital test. 

A Kaplan, LSAT teacher, Stohr said she believes in practicing and getting used to the digital platform. By preparing to take the test digitally, students can use this change to their full maximum advantage. “Don’t let the digital format freak you out,” Stohr said. “Get familiar with it, learn how to use it effectively and it’ll actually be to your advantage.” 

The sudden change from paper to digital has reasoning behind it. Kaplan hopes the change to digital will allow for increased security, faster scoring results, and environmentally sustainable practices. With changes occurring within test-taking, individuals are looking for a brighter future in education. 

by Emilie Chi

0 Comments
Facebook Twitter KakaoStory KakaoTalk NaverBand