Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes the Club’s Highest-Paid Player

YPC News

Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes the Club’s Highest-Paid Player

관리자 0

bc59bac203cb896133055186a8aeacb6_1631563517_583.jpg

Manchester United shocks the soccer world through a tweet saying, “Welcome home, @Cristiano.” On September 27, 36-year-old, Cristiano Ronaldo re-signed with Manchester United, thirteen years after leaving United for Real Madrid. 

When Ronaldo was sixteen, he signed his first club contract with United back in 2003. From 2003-2009, Cristiano Ronaldo has played in 292 games, scored 118 goals, won 3 league titles, 1 Champions League trophy, and several domestic titles/tournaments.  He was the highest-paid 16-year-old in soccer, with a record-breaking contract of € 12.5 million($17 million). During the 2009 season, Ronaldo again broke the record transfer fee (at the time) of € 94 million and spent the rest of his career at Real Madrid. After nine years at Real Madrid, Cristiano took his career to Italy. Italy’s top team, Juventus signed him to a € 30 million yearly contract. Ronaldo received roughly € 100 million for his three years of service. 

At the age of thirty-six, Ronaldo has broken another transfer record. He is the highest-paid for his age and the highest player on his new team. With a new contract of € 25 million, Ronaldo earns a weekly salary of € 500,000 pounds for two years with options of extension.  The 2nd highest-paid 36-year old that still plays soccer is Ferandinho Roza, who plays for Manchester City, and earns a weekly salary of 200,000 pounds.  

In an official announcement, Manchester United states, “Manchester United is delighted to confirm that the club has reached an agreement with Juventus for the transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo, subject to agreement of personal terms, visa and medical. Everyone at the club looks forward to welcoming Cristiano back to Manchester.” 

Ronaldo also confirms the departure from Italy Juventus to Manchester United, in his latest Instagram post: “Today I depart from an amazing club, the biggest in Italy and surely one of the biggest in all of Europe. I gave my heart and soul for Juventus and I’ll always love the city of Turin until my final days.  I will always be one of you. I’m part of yours. Italy, Juve, Turin, Tifosi Bianconeri, you’ll always be in my heart.” 

By Jacob Kim

bc59bac203cb896133055186a8aeacb6_1631563427_3313.png

0 Comments
Facebook Twitter KakaoStory KakaoTalk NaverBand