Grammy Nominations & Drama?!

YPC News

Grammy Nominations & Drama?!

관리자 0

06aeffb388a23c2b2ecd9dcee1b3d6c4_1608750772_1238.jpg

The 63rd Grammy Nominations were revealed on Tuesday in preparation for the broadcast that will air on Sunday, January 31, 2021. 

Beyoncé, with nine nominations, is this year’s leading nominee followed by Roddy Rich, Dua Lipa, and Taylor Swift with six nominations each. Megan Thee Stallion, DaBaby, and last year’s top nominee Billie Eilish received four nominations among others.

To much surprise, predicted leader The Weeknd was completely shut out despite his record-breaking album After Hours and single “Blinding Lights.” The Weeknd was quick to respond and angrily tweeted “The Grammys remain corrupt. You owe me, my fans and the industry transparency.” The following day, he further criticized the Recording Academy by tweeting “In my opinion zero nominations = you’re not invited!” to show that he was not asked to perform, much less invited at all.

Other celebrities and artists like Drake, Bella Hadid, Elton John, Kid Cudi, and Tinashe showed their support for The Weeknd by tweeting and posting about their discontent.

On the other hand, global sensation BTS is now the first K-pop group to ever be nominated for the Grammy Awards. “Dynamite” is nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance with “Exile” by Taylor Swift and Bon Iver and three other nominees. 

What are your opinions on the 20-21 Grammy Nominations? Do you think The Weeknd was robbed, or do you agree with the list? 

Here is the full list of nominees!:

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/2021-grammys-complete-nominees-list

BY CHELSEA LEE 

06aeffb388a23c2b2ecd9dcee1b3d6c4_1608750824_8929.jpg

0 Comments
Facebook Twitter KakaoStory KakaoTalk NaverBand